Belles On Broadway
Belle Canto, under the direction of Elizabeth Goldstein, accompanied by Jonathan Spivey and the First Church Jazz Trio, will kick off our season with a “Salute to Broadway.”
This concert will be a benefit for Sarasota Family Promise.
- Sunday, November 8, 2015 – 6:00 PM, First United Methodist Church, 104 S. Pineapple Ave, Sarasota.
Patricia Stenberg Memorial Concert
This concert will feature perfomances by Belle Canto, ” A Celebration of Women’s Voices” under the direction of Elizabeth Goldstein– a perfomance that will entertain and inspire with a diverse and creative program, also clarinetist Kristina Orsini accompanied by pianist Karen Clark.
The concert is sponsored by the Sarasota Manatee Alumnae Chapter of Sigma Alpha Iota professional music fraternity. All proceeds will be used to support music education initiatives and local musical performing groups.
- Sunday, November 15, 2015 – 3:00 PM, St. Georges Episcopal Church, 912 63rd Avenue West, Bradenton.
Singspiration V: If Music Be The Food of Love
Belle Canto, under the direction of Elizabeth Goldstein, and the beautiful voices of Booker High School’s VPA Chorus, under the direction of Trevor Pike, Celebrate Women’s History Month as they join forces to guarantee a yummy, diverse, and creative musical experience.
- Sunday, March 6, 2016 – 7:00 PM, First United Methodist Church, 104 S. Pineapple Ave, Sarasota.
Belle Canto will perform as part of the Sarasota Concert Association’s community outreach program. The concert series, featuring instrumental and vocal artists, offers a wide variety of music, including classical, folk, jazz, and pop.
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016 – 12:00 PM, Holley Hall, 709 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota.
Hit Me With A Hot Note!
Belle Canto, under the direction of Elizabeth Goldstein, accompanied by Jonathan Spivey, will be joined by the First Church Jazz Trio to kick off our season with an all new Jazz and Blues concert featuring iconic works such as I Got Rhythm, Don’t Get Around Much Anymore, Java Jive, and many more all-time favorite hits.
- November 9, 2014 – 6:00 PM First United Methodist Church
This concert will be a benefit for Sarasota Family Promise
- November 13, 2014 – 7:30 PM Bay Village, Sarasota
Singspiration IV: Salute To Spring
Belle Canto and Sarasota Young Voices, accompanied by Jonathan Spivey, Celebrate Women’s History Month as they join forces to guarantee a diverse, creative, and fun musical experience. Think April in Paris! We begin this exciting concert with works of Debussy and Boulanger and move through other great choral literature. The Chroma Quartet will join Belle Canto and Sarasota Young Voices.
- April 19, 2015 – 7:00 PM First United Methodist Church
Belles Sing The Blues
Belle Canto, accompanied by Jonathan Spivey and the First Church Jazz Trio will have you swinging to the beat in this lively concert! Favorite pieces from the Jazz and Blues eras will include Georgia On My Mind, Satin Doll, and others by Hoagy Carmichael, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, and more.
- November 2, 2013 — 5:30 p.m. First United Methodist Church
- January 19, 2014 — 4 p.m. Roser Community Church, Anna Maria Island
- February 16, 2014 — 2 p.m. The Glenridge Performing Arts Center
Singspiration III: And Then There Was Music
Belle Canto and Sarasota Young Voices, accompanied by Jonathan Spivey, celebrate Women’s History Month as they present a delightful mix of musical styles from the soulful to the sublime. A series of works by American composer, Dr. Gwyneth Walker, will be featured. Featured poets will include Mae Swenson, Sara Teasdale, and others. Georgia Court, owner of Bookstore1 in Sarasota, will read the poetry used in the songs between performances. The Chroma Quartet will join Belle Canto and Sarasota Young Voices.
- March 9, 2014 – 7 p.m. First United Methodist Church
A Very Merry Holiday Concert
Belle Canto will spread a little holiday cheer as they present a holiday concert including such favorites as It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and “Twas the Night Before Christmas.
- December 6, 2012 – 4 p.m. The Oaks Women’s Club
- December 8, 2012– 7 p.m. The Glenridge Performing Arts Center
“How Can I Keep From Singing?”
Belle Canto, under the direction of Elizabeth Goldstein, accompanied by Jonathan Spivey will perform a variety of pieces as part of the Covenant Presbyterian artist series.
- February 13, 2013 – 7 p.m. Covenant Presbyterian Church, Fort Myers
Singspirations Meets Dancespiration: Music in Motion
Belle Canto, joined by The Chroma Quartet and The Sarasota Ballet’s Trainees
will celebrate National Women’s History Month: Women Inspiring Innovation Through Imagination with exciting music accentuated by the beauty of dance and the rapture of strings.
- March 17, 2013 – 7 p.m. First United Methodist Church
Sunday’s at Six
- January 25, 2013 — Pine Shores Presbyterian Church “How Can I Keep From Singing?”
- February 22, 2013 — Covenant Concert Series, Ft Myers. “How can I Keep From Singing?”
- February 2, 2013 — “Sundays at Six” Choral Festival at St Boniface Episcopal Church
Live, Laugh, Love! – A Gift in Song
Belle Canto presents their favorite songs about life, laughter, and love. The program will feature songs by Morten Lauridsen, Gwyneth Walker, Leonard Bernstein, Cole Porter, and George and Ira Gershwin.
- February 5, 2011 – 8 p.m. The Glendridge Performing Arts Center
The Sarasota Concert Association presents Belle Canto in a free Munchtime Musicale performance. The concert will feature a variety of music, including sacred, classical, opera, gospel, musical comedy, and jazz.
- November 16, 2011 – Noon. Holley Hall at Beatrice Friedman Symphony Center.
Belle Canto joins other local performing groups as the Artist Series of Sarasota presents the first ever Celebrate Sarasota.
- July 8, 2012 – 2 p.m. Florida Studio Theater
Singspiration: The Spirit Of Women
Belle Canto and North Port High School Women’s Advance Choir celebrate Women’s History Month with two concerts featuring two World Premier compositions by American Composer, Dr. Gwyneth Walker. Sweet Molly and Friends, by Walker, was scored especially for Belle Canto. During the concert, commentator June LeBell, will also interview Dr. Walker. Special appearance by Jay Hunsberger, Principal Tuba for the Sarasota Orchestra!
- Friday, March 2, 2012 – 7 p.m. North Port High School Performing Arts Cent
- Sunday, March 4, 2012 – 4 p.m. First United Methodist Church